Rental Dispute Lawyer in Dubai
As a landlord you should know that having your properties rented long-term means having sustainable relationships with your tenants. At the same time, landlord’s interest has to be respected and stay well protected – this is where it may be difficult to avoid getting into a conflict with your tenants. In such cases, landlords may require to hire a rental dispute lawyer in Dubai in order to open and resolve the case.
Hiring a lawyer might be a good but expensive idea. Not hiring a lawyer might be cheap but risky idea. Appointing BSO property manager is an ideal way of resolving conflicts with tenants avoiding unreasonable cost and unwanted risk.
Let’s go through the list of most regular problems BSO solves for landlords in Dubai:
- The tenant delays or refuses to pay the rent on time;
- The tenant refuses to vacate the property after failing to pay the rent on time;
- The tenant subleases or shares the property unit without the landlord’s consent;
- The tenant made significant damage to the property unit or its’ furniture;
- The tenant performs illegal activities in the property unit;
- The tenant breaches the key terms stated in the tenancy contract;
- The tenant refuses to increase rent approved by RERA rental increase calculator;
- The tenant terminates the lease ignoring terms on penalties and notifications.
This list is not complete and BSO already resolved many different conflicts between landlords and tenants. Some of them were finalized outside the court, however there were many that couldn’t be solved without going to Rental Dispute Center, which usually required help of a qualified specialist in the legal field.
Steps of going through a rental dispute in Dubai are provided below:
- Prepare all supporting documents, including e-mails between you and your tenant (don’t miss the importance of having clear correspondence between you and your tenant via verified e-mail addresses or registered mobile numbers to involve WhatsApp or SMS messages);
- Prepare your statement of claims in a legally correct format made in Arabic language (make sure it’s drafted in a right way with correct translation into Arabic language, so the whole claim won’t turn to be against yourself);
- Issue a legal notice to your tenant (while notifying your tenant don’t forget to register it in UAE public records);
- File the case in Rental Dispute Center;
- Pay the court fees, which are 3.5 % of either your annual rent or claiming amount (minimum AED 350.00 and maximum AED 20,000.00);
- Have a hearing scheduled and appear on that day ();
- Get the judgment in order to start the execution (most important stage is the execution process, where you need to know what to do to speed up the matter and avoid waiting long time before the result comes).
BSO is a strong and reliable partner to have due to:
- Years of experience in the real estate business and the legal side of it;
- Legal team is well qualified to take on disputes and cases of any difficulty;
- Proficient knowledge of the UAE legal system;
Contact us to discuss your case.